Monday, February 19, 2007

Bring on Banana Republic - Work Gets Chic

I think it's official...I'm addicted to Banana Republic. I guess for where I am in life, it makes sense...BR is one of few stores that offers clothing you can wear for work and play. Mostly for work though - the styles are youthful while still being super classy. Especially considering the majority of my time is spent at work, and I've just started a new project, having nice clothes for work is really important. For chic work clothes, I turn to BR...here's what I'm craving:


A chino suit is always a great investment. The pieces will work well individually or worn as the full suit look. The top shown in this outfit isn't exactly work appropriate for most offices, but a suitable top is easily found elsewhere on the BR site


This outfit screams ladylike. I love the flowy skirt and puff-sleeve blouse together. This look would be great for another day at work or for a daytime date.


This outfit is all about chic - it couldn't be more simple - no patterns, no embellishments, but the simplicity of the outfit is what really draws me into this look. I especially love the wide-leg pants.


Although far from work-appropriate, I really love the look of this outfit for a casual summer day or simple vacation outfit. You may be able to pull off the top at the office, but why worry about that when you can enjoy it on your time off.

*NOTE: All images and outfits are from bananarepublic.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the skirt and blouse outfit! Oh I can't wait for spring!!

Shopaholic D said...

i think that one may be my fave! i already bought the top and I have a white skirt kinda like it from last season BR im going to try to work with it

the warm weather cannot get here soon enough!

:) D