Saturday, March 15, 2008

Business Casual with a Trendy Twist

So, besides a couple items I purchased that I probably shouldn't have, I've been doing pretty good with the whole budget thing. I did have one major purchase that I've been holding out on you guys to share, but that was purchased with a portion of my hard-earned bonus since I spent the rest of my bonus on my debt. Responsibility deserves a treat here and there, no? Anywho, I've been hitting up the sale racks like mad and keeping myself within a reasonable spending budget. I've also been avoiding shopping in general - trying to stay away from the mall and stuff. So far, pretty good!

This outfit features a few reasonably priced items: a full-price skirt that cost right around $50 in a classic cut - a wise investment IMO, a black sweater in a modern cut - purchased on sale and with a discount code for $50 (to be worn as a light-weight jacket), a green jersey top on final clearance for only $15 - woohoo! Anywho, I wore this Business casual outfit to a client site earlier this week and I love how the trapeze-style sweater gives this classic look a slightly trendy feel.




Camisole: The Limited
Green Jersey-Knit Top: Ann Taylor Loft
Black knit sweater: Banana Republic
Black dress skirt: Banana Republic
Peep toe linen pumps: Banana Republic

6 comments:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

Love the entire outfit esp the black sweater and the wrap green top.. mmm yes

See those are the kinds of 'blazers' I gravitate towards to for client sites, esp biz casual

Shopaholic D said...

thanks sweetie!

:) D

Lys said...

Tres chic!!! And it ups the ante for business casual. Around my building, business casual ranges from anything which is super dressed down (Normally the IT peeps) to quasi dressed down but okay enough if a client comes in.

Shopaholic D said...

haha...i'm in IT, Lys! I guess being a consultant makes me dress up a bit more...lol

:) D

2kungfu4u said...

I love this blog. It's so much more personable than many of the other fashion blogs that I have looked at. I was hoping you might do a section on men's fashion. I have started my own but I'd like to see some other ones out there to pull insight from.

Anonymous said...

Love the color and the cut of that blouse. I'm not a huge Ann Taylor fan, but she got it right with that one. Very flattering.