Sunday, March 23, 2008

Make-up Addiction: Bare Escentuals

One of my bridesmaids and I had plans to go bridesmaid dress shopping this weekend, and I had planned to treat her with a facial (had received two complimentary facials awhile back), but when that fell through, I decided to plan make-overs at Sephora. I love make-overs...they're so fun! The only downside is that you usually end up wanting to buy at least one or two things that you wouldn't have even thought to get before the make-over (not to mention some counters require you purchase a certain # of products). I made appointments for us for a Bare Escentuals consultation mostly because my friend is super laid-back and wasn't particular about the line we tried, and I have been extremely curious about this whole Bare Escentuals phenomenom. I've been wondering what the big deal is for a while now and have looked skeptically at all the BE products every time I shopped in Sephora. So, this weekend, I figured I'd give the line a try with a make-over since I really like to wear make-up before I buy it to make sure it meshes well with my skin.

Well, go ahead and add me to the Bare Escentuals craze because I have to say that since my make-over, I've become a big fan. My skin has always been a bit acne-prone, so I've never been a fan of foundations and powders. In fact, I've tried wearing them from time to time over the years, but it never lasts long. I buy foundation here and there only to wear it a few times and then accidentally leave it in my make-up bag forgotten. I'm always so scared that heavy make-up will break my face out, and I've never liked the feeling of foundation and/or powder on my face. If this sounds like you, too, I highly recommend you schedule an appointment for a BE consultation of your own. Bare Escentuals features mineral-based make-up that comes in powder form - even the foundation and concealer is in powder-form! To boot, the foundation contains SPF15 to help protect your skin during the day. I would have gotten the starter kit this weekend,

but I ran out of money for the month of March and you guys know I'm trying to be good and stick to my budget. Let's hope April gets here soon, b/c I'm ready for a lighter option to even out my face.

NOTE: Image/item sephora.com

10 comments:

Lys said...

Love, Love, LOVE BE! Oh Lordy - the stuff is genius! And it lasts forever if you use it right.

*clapping* I'm so happy you tried it! Yeah - and re: the lipgloss - eeh. I like it because it's not too sticky, but when it comes to plumping glosses - I use LipVenom. What can I say - I'm a sucker for punishment - and one can suffer for beauty.

Shopaholic D said...

lol - you are too funny, Lys!

:) D

Anonymous said...

for some reason, target sells the bare minerals starter kit now...$49!!!

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

I like BE a lot, but I found that my skin sometimes broke out (not from that?? I dunno) because bismuth oxychloride isn't a natural mineral (is man made.. like polyester)

At any rate, the coverage is nice if used correctly but I always needed a concealer underneath

Desiree said...

I'm new to your blog, but HAD to post. I felt the same way when I first found out about BE. Always curious and then immediately in love. The only warning: once you buy the kit you will want to buy EVEYRTHING else BE that goes with it. Eye shadows, more brushes, eyebrow kits, lip kits....

Tabitha said...

I've heard SO many good things about BE that I should just stop listening and try it already!

Anonymous said...

I totally dig your blog and here's some lip gloss skinny for you, i totally dig MAC's Lipglass. Right now I alternate between the Viva Glam VI and Viva Glam V, strangely that extra I makes a huge difference. But I have found they have mega staying power and are so easy to apply. My fave ever is by Cargo and its in a tin that you need a brush for and its such a pain to use on the go. Anyhow, thanks for yet another great post.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi
I love Bare Minerals too,my skin changes color all the time and everything looks so fake on it but Bare Minerals has never looked like a mask.It really works!
Congratulations on the wedding and good luck with the new ventures and remember to take time off if and when you need it!You ahve a lot on your plate !
Vintage Bunny

Anonymous said...

I have been a fan since the BE kits were sold with VHS's and I'm only 22! Crazy, huh? I've recruited nearly every one of my friends to BE. Try their eyeshadows, they are PHENOMONAL and last forever. At only $13 a pop, its a steal. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE BE!

Jayme said...

I love your blog and I also really like mineral makeup so I figured I would just write you a little comment :)

Jayme
www.youravon.com/jaymedehart