Sunday, August 06, 2006

Fall 2006 Must Have - Opaque Tights

I saw it on the ready-to-wear runways first, and now I see it in every fashion magazine...if you're looking for something simple and affordable to make your wardrobe fall 2006 ready, just go out and get a couple pairs of opaque tights. If you want to play it safe, just go with black but if you're wanting to play with the look, try dark brown or dark gray opaque tights. If you really want to try something new, get some tights with lacy or patterned details with lots of texture.

As seen on the runways...




Carolina Herrera


Derek Lam


Salvatore Ferragamo

*NOTE: Pictures from Style.com

8 comments:

FashionWhore said...

OK, this is weird. I've been wearing opaque tights for ages, because they're the only kind that aren't tacky or schoolish, and now I find they're in fashion? Cool!

Shopaholic D said...

i know! i remember my mom trying to make me wear them when i was a kid...lol

Anastasia said...

Opaques are always a winter staple in my wardrobe - I also like ribbed opaques
but they have to have a very high lycra count!

What's Haute said...

i LOVE opaque tights, always have, always will. they will never go out of style.

~Haute Girl

ENID P. said...

Love it... I have some in my drawer, for a just in case occasion...Love the way its being used on the runway. I will need to replicate.

ENID P. www.allabout-style.com

Shopaholic D said...

AnastasiaC, ribbed tights are going to be the next pair I get!

Haute Girl, agreed. Even though I didn't wear them much when I was younger...never have been a fan of hose, but at least they'll keep my legs warm this winter!

EnidP, smart girl! Way to be prepared!

:) D

Anonymous said...

I had this last winter! I'm too chicken to wear a skirt when it's cold, though, no matter what. Perhaps early Fall!

Shopaholic D said...

why not wear them in winter? too cold? i don't know where you are, but i'm in the south, so it doesn't get tooooooo terribly cold down here.

:) D