Friday, June 29, 2007

Shopping Tip: Get Your Electronic Warranties

Hello Shopaholics!

Hope you're all gearing up for an awesome weekend of shopping and fun with friends. Just wanted to drop a quick line to let you guys know that I won't be able to post any outfit pictures for a couple weeks...or any other "homemade" photos for that matter. Sadly, my digital camera is on the fritz. Luckily, I purchased a four year warranty, so I dropped my baby off at Best Buy last night, and they shipped it off to be fixed. Anywho, the lesson here is that if you're going to buy a digital camera, or laptop, or anything electronic, you should get a warranty. I recommend a warranty that will last as long as you expect

1. that you will actually use said electronic before getting tired of it wanting to replace it with another, newer version
or
2. that will last as long as you think the technology will be relevant

With technology changing as fast as it does these days, I wouldn't get a five year warranty on something that will easily be replaced in two. Imagine that you bought a digital camera a couple years ago...already, the cameras are much smaller in size, have cooler functions, and have much more memory. What good would a five year warranty have done you if you purchased a new camera within two or three of having bought your first?

Anywho, my camera is only one year old, so I'm good to go for awhile. Will I replace her before my four year warranty goes out? Most likely...but lesson learned, right? And now I can share it with you!

Fashionably Yours,

D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad about your camera. Good thing you got the warranty though. My DVD recorder just stopped working and I was told by the store that I would have to bring it to get serviced my self, and the nearest service place is an hour away. I'm not too happy about that so I'd agree, extended warranties are good to get.

Shopaholic D said...

eek...that stinks. Hope you get your recorder fixed soon!

:) D