Friday, September 21, 2007

Funky Booties to Wearable Pumps

I'm sure you've all seen these crazy creations by Christian Louboutin:

Christian Louboutin Emily Shoe Boots (image/item net-a-porter.com)

I'm not sure exactly why, but I'm strangely attracted to these. I mean, looking at them by themselves, they're not all that attractive, but they did look pretty good at the Roland Mouret runway show I saw on net-a-porter (
click here for previous post).

Anywho, whilst browsing the web tonight, I found these:

Betsey Johnson Whitfield Pump (image/item nordstrom.com)

They look very similar, no? I like to think of them as having similar features while being a lot more wearable and definitely a lot more affordable at nearly four times less the price. Not only can I not afford the top pair, but I'd be much more inclined to grab the B Johnsons from my closet when getting dressed for the day.

Which pair do you prefer?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

In this case I prefer the Betseys, actually.

kokostiletto said...

I'm not going to lie... I was never a big fan of these oxford pumps... but if BJ is making them.. I'll give them a chance!!!! The straps make them much more wearable I think...

TheRealCherish said...

I am voting for the Betsey Johnson pair - I am much more likely to wear a gray shoe than a while shoe. And the X-strap is so cute!! I might have to watch for those to go on sale!

Shopaholic D said...

Looks like the Betsey pair is the winning option so far!

:) D

Lys said...

The white CL's are a recent victim of the Steve Madden duplication..

And I'm very tempted to get them.. like i need ANY more shoes ;)

Fabulous blog!

Shopaholic D said...

Thanks Lys! Let me know how you like them if you get them. I hear Steve Madden's are killer on the feet. The ones I had were definitely painful.

:) D