Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Chic Summer Hair a la Reese Witherspoon

With the warm weather approaching, I don't know about you, but I'm seriously scoping the latest fashion mags for the hottest do's so I can update mine with my newly updated wardrobe. If you're looking for a way to add some new style to your hair, then look no further than Reese Witherspoon. With the array of styles she's had over the years, you're sure to find something that suits your fancy.


The first option that comes to mind is the classic bob. Why the bob? Because summer means hot weather, and who wants a lot of hair all around to deal with or get tangled in the pool? Keep it short to tame the heat. Not to mention the bob is just so darn cute! Dry your hair, flat-iron a bit, and you're done!


Don't want to cut your hair? Then have your stylist give your do some layers and a pretty blowout for a soft, finished look. Go for some long bangs if you really want to get the "Reese" look.


Was the last style too simple for your inner diva? Then keep the layers, but put them in curlers or use a curling iron to get big loose curls that will make you look "Legally Blond" appropriate.


Of course, if you want to get the lastest "Reese" look, then your answer is simple: get bangs. I have to admit, when I saw the first pictures of Reese with the new bang-look, I half-thought about running to my stylist (but not with their scissors b/c that's dangerous) to have my locks chopped, but then I remembered that with my combination skin and sometimes a tad bit oily forehead, the whole bang look just isn't my thing. If any of you gals out there are lucky enough to pull the bang style off, I say go for it!

Which style is your fave? Which would you actually think about getting?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just had my hair cut to resemble Reese Witherspoon's most recent hair style (long straight, slightly layered with bangs). My hair was already straight so it wasn't hard for my stylist.

Meredith said...

*Love* Reese Witherspoon's hair and her overall style really. The cut you posted first is just adorable.

Jessorz said...

Reese always looks so cute! And she's not about grabbing attention by being too out there, she is just very natural, which I like.

And I would really love to do the bang look, but i have the same problems you have with bangs. If you want an alternative to that, though, just have your stylist give you a side part and cut some shorter layers around your face.

Shopaholic D said...

Hey Amethyst, That's kinda how mine looks now too! Except I told my stylist that I didn't like lots of layers b/c they start to look like a helmet the more you cut into your hair, so he put the layers *underneath* the top layer of my hair, so you can't even see them! How cool is that?

I agree, Meredith! I wish I could do that look, but it just doens't work for me :(

Exactly, Jessorz! I love how she stays on the classic side. That's a great trick with the side part and layers...that's kinda how I have mine now (after trying the Nicole Richie bob and sideswept bangs and having to brush them out of my face all the time...lol)

:) D

lilly said...

it's funny you posted this! i got my hair cut two weeks ago on saturday and i brought in pictures of reese to show my sylist. i ended up getting it cut like a combo of #1 and #2. i love it, so great for the summertime!!

ps this is anonymous from the other day, glad i have a name now!:)

Shopaholic D said...

Hey Lilly!

Glad you were able to get a blogger name! Your haircut sounds super cute and perfect for spring/summer! Enjoy!

:) D

k e r r y said...

Love the bangs - and she inspried me to get my bangs cut again after growing them out for a year! I have yet to really figure out how to get mine to look like hers but I'm still happy to have the bangs back!

Shopaholic D said...

Kerry...you're so lucky to be able to do bangs! Rock 'em girl!

:) D

Catlin said...

I'd got bangs a few months ago, they're very cool, but I wanna grow them out now because I look like Fido Dido's sister everytime I ride my bike somewhere!

It was funny for a bit, but not anymore;-)

Shopaholic D said...

lol Catlin! Maybe you can just wear a headband when you're on your bike or use bobby pins to hold your bangs back?

:) D