Thursday, March 29, 2007

Summer Date Dresses - Chic vs. Sexy

How gorge is this dress!?

Banana Republic - Ribbon-tie sheath dress - $148 (click for details)

Wear this chic look for a more formal date - dinner at a classy restaurant? Hmmm...I'm thinking maybe martinis or a bottle of wine with din-din? This awesome, summer date dress is uber ladylike so your potential beau doesn't get any crazy ideas.

Now, if you want to give your date the wrong impression...jk, if you want to go for a more sexy look, I would go for this dress:

bebe - Sexy Bow Front Halter Dress - $139 (click for details)

Wear this dress for your next "night on the town" date. Dinner and a movies with this hauteness? Nah...more like dinner and a fun-filled evening dancing the night away. This dress is fitted in all the right places to show off your curves. The men will go ga-ga!

Which look do you guys prefer?

NOTE: Images and items from bananarepublic.com and bebe.com respectively

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the skirt that you bought from J. Crew! Too bad they ran out of XS and S, but I did get a shirt and a dress from there! They have good sales

ENID P. said...

I like the Banana Republic dress better...

ENID P.

Shopaholic D said...

They do! What dress did you get? They have such pretty ones this season!

Me too Enid - If I had to pick one, I'd pick the BR, but I do like a lil bebe in my wardrobe now and again

:) D

Anonymous said...

Hi
This is more a question than a comment.
I love reading your blog,it is fantastic,the best part is that you find great bargains and even at local thrift stores.
Well,how about starting a question and answer blog type post.I know I had a million questions I wanted to ask someone about normal every day fashions.
Thanks

Shopaholic D said...

Hey Anonymous 2:24PM,

That's a great idea, but I'm not sure if I could keep up with it...it's tough to do this blog and The Chic Life (not to mention my day job and jewelry biz...heehee). I love to answer reader questions, so feel free to email at any time if you have one!

Thanks!

:) D

Anonymous said...

I like the BR dress, but
only because Bebe dresses never fit me right!!!! Although, in this day and age of "Spanx", I may be able to "shrink" my butt enough to not look so pronounced in these slinky dresses!

Anonymous said...

this dress is HOT!!! love it! perfect for a diva! the BR dress is sweet, but not for me. i never wear dresses because i'm not built for them--i'm tall, i have a big rib-cage, i'm top-heavy, and my hips are slimmer. so i almost NEVER even look at dresses. but the nice V in front provides room for some spillage. LOL! that might work.

great blog!

Shopaholic D said...

Hey Veggie, thanks for the compliment on the blog...the bebe dress is definitely perfect for a diva!

:) D

Anonymous said...

That black dress is SHARP!

Anonymous said...

Last Sunday, I have purchased very gorgeous dress from Gap store through CouponAlbum site at reasonable price...