Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Not Quite So Thrifty, But Still Affordable Spree with Urban Outfitters

So, I actually got some clothes from Urban Outfitters a couple weeks ago and before my Thrifty Shopping Spree at Forever 21. I actually went in just for those skinny black jeans we talked about before, but as usual, I found a couple other things to pick up while I was out. All in all, I think I did pretty good - I got the jeans I went in to check out, I picked up a simple scarf and then two tank tops and a Tee off the sale rack. Not bad, eh?



So, about those skinny black jeans. When I went in to the UO store, the SA pointed out two different styles: a more pant-like material and a more denim-material. It turns out that the first type are extremely skinny - very tapered at the bottom (hard to fit over the tops of heels) and they are very skinny - and I mean super-tapered! I ended up liking the denim pair more - they fit me better and had slightly more open bottoms.



Oh, and remember those scarves we were talking about before? I found a super cute one when I was in the store and figured I'd pick it up before they sell out. I love the fringe on it!



I scored this gray tank from the sale rack - only $10! It's super soft, nice and loose-fitting (so I can wear it with those skinny jeans) and has a cute little keyhole-detail on it.



I also found this interesting tank top on the sale rack - it has an asymmetrical design on it in different tones of blue. It's a bit hippy, but hey, what's wrong with that? I think it will look really good with white jeans or some sort of white bottom.



Oh, and check out this adorable mermaid T - this was also on the sale table for only $10 - yay! In general, I am not a fan of sleeves (not even short sleeves), but I am trying to learn to like them. With cute tees like this for such good prices, I think there's a good chance for me.

Ok, I have some serious outfits to get together now with these recent shopping sprees, eh?

8 comments:

kokostiletto said...

wow great finds!!

haha yeah I don't like sleeves either - unless they are tight short short sleeve! i thought i was the onlyone!
i think it's because I hated farmer's tans!

Kate said...

Love that nautical shirt!

Cari said...

Love the scarf and the mermaid tee!

Style Spot said...

I just love all of your buys! You have such a great taste!

xxx

L said...

Wow, I am so excited to have stumbled upon your blog. I'd been hoping to find one about everyday, affordable finds. I, too, am on a budget in order to pay off my CC, so it's inspiring to read your posts.

I have to second your love for Urban Decay eye potion. My only complaint is that it runs out too quickly.

Shopaholic D said...

No way, Koko - you are not alone! lol

Thanks Kate!

Thanks Redhead!

Why thank you, Sunniva! That's so sweet!

I - glad to be able to help. It is tough to find affordable, cute stuff sometimes, but that is truly my speciality, having grown up on such a budget. lol. And on the UD make-up, I'm noticing that mine seems to be running out already...WTH!? lol

:) D

Anonymous said...

How do you like the skinny jeans? I want a pair so bad, but I just cannot find any that flatter larger legs. I'm not talking elephant trunks, but my legs are definitely muscular and larger. Do you think the ones you found at Urban would be more flattering? I'm thinking I should just scrap the trend altogether, but I love the look!

Shopaholic D said...

Hi Jenn, just wear a longer top over it and you'll feel more comfy. :) D