Friday, July 11, 2008

Work Chic: Hot Times, Summer in the City

Whew! Is it hot or what? When it's as hot as it has been lately outside, I like to wear white. I recently purchased this white suit from Banana Republic when I had one of those coupons to get an extra (I think it was) 15% off. For anyone who works in, plans to work in an office or just wants to dress professionally, a suit is a great investment. In fact, if at all possible, when you find a fabulous pair of pants you plan to use for work, look for a jacket and buy it if you can afford it. Don't make the same mistake I did.

I remember when I was a broke college student working at J Crew and ogling all the delicious clothes that I saved up the money to get this beautiful pair of black pants with the thinnest blue and white pinstripes. They are amazing pants with a great classic cut and they fit wonderously! Every time I wear them to work, I kick myself that I was not able to afford the jacket. It would hands down be my favorite suit. Ahhh...c'est la vie, no?

Here's an outfit I wore recently to work to showcase my new suit:

Without the jacket...


...and with the jacket

So dear shopping friends, remember to get the suit! Oh, and don't be afraid to break the pieces apart - you can rock a cardigan set or button down with the pants and pair the jacket with jeans for a super-sleek casual look.

White suit: Banana Republic
Blue top: Banana Republic
Linen slingbacks: Banana Republic
Camisole: The Limited
Necklace: D Celestine Limited (I made it!)

4 comments:

WendyB said...

You look fabulous!

Shopaholic D said...

Thanks Wendy!

:) D

Cari said...

looks super cute. what is the name of the suit at the website?

Shopaholic D said...

Thanks Redhead! I searched all over the site and don't see it listed there. BR goes through their lines pretty quick, so they probably don't offer it online and more, but you may be able to get it on the sale rack. The pants are in the Jackson fit - they were the only white pants in the store when I got them (besides a different fit) and the jacket was just the matching jacket. There are three buttons at the waist instead of one (in case you need an identifying feature)

:) D