Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sunday Brunch: Cool Blues

My hubby took me to a semi-fancy, romantic restaurant for brunch this past Sunday. The restaurant has the cutest, coziest atmosphere with a touch of that industrial-open-warehouse look with exposed brick walls and wooden beams overhead. We enjoy the look & feel of the place, but we really go there for the food. They have an amazing Bananas Foster French Toast, among several other yummy dishes. They also feature several traditional Southern dishes with their own little flair. This past weekend, I had biscuits & gravy for the first time (a rarity for someone who has grown up in the South).

The day looked amazing - bright sun, blue sky - but the heat & humidity were pretty rough. I think I picked this blue & white outfit to try to keep myself cool mentally. I got this skirt at BR off the sale rack when I was supposed to be shopping for my honeymoon a couple months ago. Wait, I wasn't supposed to be shopping for anything but a rehearsal dinner dress that day? Hmm...oopsie! Chalk it up as another impulse buy by the shopaholic...lol.



Wedge Shoes: Banana Republic
Blue Patterned Skirt: Banana Republic
White Tie Top: Old Navy
Purse: Chanel

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it! And it does look very cool too! (You always seem to find great things at the BR sales) Everytime I go, they're sold out of my size - boo! LOL

Shopaholic D said...

Thanks Amethyst! I just go to the BR that is less popular in my town...there is one that sells out when clothes are new, and another where you can always find good deals. :) D

Anonymous said...

That skirt is so pretty and summery... you look fab! I just got a great deal from shopgoldyn.com, a really cute skirt by this up and coming designer, its soooo good to be in the know!

Shopaholic D said...

thanks birthday girl! :) D

Anonymous said...

The dress is really very pretty....