Sunday, July 06, 2008

Urban Outfitters Does Summer Scarves for 2008

I've always liked layers - mostly b/ I tend to get cold easily and need to pile extra layers over my original outfit to stay warm. Yes, this even happens in the summer when I enter a store/restaurant/whatever that has set its thermostat to "icebox." I think some of you know what I'm talking about.  Anywho, I've also really been feeling all the layers the celebs have been sporting over the past few seasons - even the Summer Scarf (click here for a couple celeb shots). It seems a little odd to me that for as much as I love regular scarves, I don't have a single summer scarf...not yet at least. I'm planning to head to the mall over the next week or so to get those jeans we've been talking about and in the interest of my new-super-tight-budget, I'm hoping to stick to only one store - Urban Outfitters (hopefully that one pair of jeans will be the one and I won't have to look around too much).

I've found a few super-cute scarves in their online boutique I'm hoping to scope out once I'm "in store":

Pash Like Scarf - $20
A great starter-scarf for someone just wanting to try out the trend. Also a great basic color (currently available in 2 more colors online)


Supernova Scarf - $24
Fun colors - love the touch of sparkle throughout


Ombre Linen Oblong - $19.99 (from $28)
You had me at turquoise...and ombre


Coin Fringe Square Scarf - $38
The plaid will make a great segue into Fall 2008

After proof-reading this, I was reminded that I actually do have one summer-esque scarf shown here (click).  I wore it to an outdoor event some time last year when it was a tad warm and everyone kept asking me if I was cold.  lol.

Would you/Do you rock the Summer Scarf?

NOTE: images by urbanoutfitters.com

11 comments:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

I sell a couple on my FB Closet site... I only have 3 left but they're fab at $2

ZoesMom said...

The summer scarf is an excellent wardrobe piece. Gap actually has some cute ones on sale very, very cheap.

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

I feel sort of silly earing my scarf now because it' summer but I do it anyway because it makes me feel safe and cozy.

Shopaholic D said...

$2 is hard to beat! i'll have to go check those out!

hey zoesmom - gap always has really great scarves, don't they? i haven't seen their most recent designs, though - maybe i'll scout them out next time i'm at the mall?

i know, Jen! me too, but they are def cozy!

:) D

Anonymous said...

i've seen so many people rocking the scarves in the summer and i think it is such a hot look (no pun intended!). if youre having a hard time finding scarves to go along with this summer trend, check out shopgoldyn.com. they have some great scarves.

Lindsay said...

I love the scarf trend! I have a lot of winter scarves but no summer ones yet... hopefully that will change soon!

Anonymous said...

i have been rocking a lovequotes scarf in "seafoam" -- a light green color that's perfect for summer. my husband bought it for me as a little gift. i had my eye on the celeb trend and love wearing it with a white tank, jeans and metallic sandals.

Janine DeMichele said...

I love the look of the scarf, but living in the deep south is not very conducive to the trend =/ I'm already dying in the heat as it is!

Shopaholic D said...

Anon 4:12 - they do have some good scarves. i love "Epice"!

Lindsay - def grab one before it cools down and you need those winter ones to stay warm! lol

Aloha, Aloha_Erica! Your scarf sounds amazing! I always fall for the blue-green things.

Janine - I know what you mean - I'm in the south, too, so the summer scarf is usually more of an indoor scarf or a spring/fall one! lol

:) D

Anonymous said...

I always wanted to wear scarf but I don't know if I could carry this accessory.

RWEStaff said...

We just started selling these on our website. Just posted a blog about them here: http://rockworldeast.blogspot.com/2009/05/summer-fashion-scarves-how-to-tie-scarf.html