Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Pantone's Spring Colors & a "Preview"

A member of the International Jewelry Designers' Guild posted a message about Pantone releasing their Spring 2006 colors. I checked out the PDF...and wow! How inspiring?! Now, I know all the hottest colors that designers will be incorporating into their new clothing lines....and more importantly, I can make jewelry to match it. There are further details in my Spring 2006 Trend Report which you can access via my newsletter. What? You don't subscribe to my newsletter? Well, here's a link so you can sign up.... http://www.dcelestine.com/newsletter.asp ....Trend Reports are for newsletter subscribers as a perk for signing up - plus you get coupons and all kinds of cool stuff!

The Pantone article also mentioned that designers would work with tropical themes using the blues and greens of the Caribbean, Pacific, etc. Well, I love the beach - how relaxing it is and pleasant the natural color scheme is, so I decided to do my next collection based on this "tropical theme." I'm not releasing any more details just yet, but here's a preview....



Heart of Bermuda Necklace


This gorgeous 3 strand necklace is funky enough to make a statement, yet elegant enough to add an extra touch of class to any outfit. I could see someone wearing this necklace with either a white flowing dress for "around town" or a black fitted dress for a more dressy affair. I call this necklace "Heart of Bermuda" because the wavy, Russian amazonite beads remind me of seaweed floating in the ocean. There just happens to be an area of the Pacific Ocean called the "Sargasso Sea," where sailors used to be scared away by the large amounts of seaweed floating on the surface of the water. The Sargasso Sea is located in the heart of the Bermuda Triangle. The rich green color of this necklace looks especially good with white, which I hear is going to a big fashion statement for the spring and summer.

No comments: