Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Chanel...Skanky?

When I think of Chanel, I think of classy business suits, costume jewelry, and yummy, uber-chic, classic-styled purses. I think the key word here is "classic"...or "classy" and when I think of Chanel, I think "classy." I don't think "skanky." In fact, I didn't think Chanel clothing and accessories could look "skanky", but Pamela Anderson has proved me wrong:


Maybe they should take that piece of fabric around her neck and use it to cover her bosom a tad more? A little boobage is ok with me, but I think one is about to pop out! And, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that Pamela Anderson is "skanky"...I don't think it's fair to judge someone you don't actually "know" (and even when you know someone, it's not really my thing to judge) but let's just say that this outfit is not my favorite. What do you think?

Photo: just jared dot com

15 comments:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

The proportions are off ;)

How about that?

With a chest that large she should know how to maximize it without cheapening the outfit...

One Crabapple said...

What fun I have had looking around here. Great Blog !!! I had seen that Maggie London number on Nordy's online site too and I was tickled to see it here. I LOVE that sashed halter number.

Much Love, Bright New Year, S.

Kelly said...

Yikes!

Shopaholic D said...

i like the way you put it, fab!

thanks for stopping by, one crabapple! happy new year to you, too!

lol kelly!

:) D

WendyB said...

Is it really Chanel or did she just cut a Chanel logo out of a magazine ad and slap it on herself?

Beauty411 said...

Somwhere Coco Chanel must be rolling over in her grave!

Shopaholic D said...

lol WendyB and Beauty411!! You girls are too funny!

:) D

Anonymous said...

This is proof that just because one wears a designer label, it doesn't mean one has class or taste. Anyway, Pam dresses skanky so if she is called that, then she can only blame herself. I can only imagine that Karl Lagerfeld is hyperventilating (and not in a good way) and Coco Chanel is flipping in her grave. If this is indeed an authentic Chanel, I'm guessing it was meant for a much less well-endowed woman to wear. I don't like the dress and I like Pammy even less. On that note...

Happy New Year!

Shopaholic D said...

well said, anonymous 10:24am! happy new year to you, too!

:) D

PS I did try to find a photo of this dress on the runway as I was curious to see what it would look like on someone else, but couldn't find one...oh well.

Vintage Bunny said...

In the words of the "Go Fug yourself"girls,the left boob is trying to escape while the right one is trying to bury itself!!!

Shopaholic D said...

lol, vintage bunny!

:) D

Unknown said...

Hmm, I think the Chanel logo is a bit overstated.

Anonymous said...

Gee, Pam looks like a watermelon smuggler! Too tacky!

Anonymous said...

Gee, Pam looks like a watermelon smuggler! Too tacky!

Anonymous said...

If I was Chanel, I would pay her to NOT wear my clothes. She gives them a bad name.