Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fingerless Gloves Go Red Carpet with Mena Suvari

Mena Suvari attended a party in celebration of the new Hugo Boss concept store in New York, NY. She wore a chic blue and black number with a blue satin-y, fitted skirt, trapeze-style jacket, and black, leather, fingerless-gloves.


Mena Suvari arriving for the opening party for the Hugo Boss concept store in the Meat Packing District, New York, NY.
Photo Credit: Johns PkI / Splash News

Does this mean fingerless gloves are making a come-back? I've actually been wanting to knit or crochet a pair for myself...mostly because I wanted to wear them in my ice-box-chilled-office to try to stay warm, but this could be a good excuse to get started on them. :)

What do you think about Mena's fingerless-gloves? Yay or Nay?

13 comments:

WendyB said...

I love fingerless gloves if they're done right:
http://wbjewelry.blogspot.com/2008/10/glovely-jennifer-lopez.html

Anonymous said...

I like them! I've never seen them in leather though so they add a biker chic touch to an outfit. I wear my wool ones a lot in the winter because its very easy to grab my keys or metro-card in my purse without having to remove my gloves; so I think they are very practical now more-so than a trend. I would love to get a pair of leather ones!

Anonymous said...

I say YAY YAY YAY! I just bought a black wooly pair at H&M, and have been putting off buying a pair of teal faux leather fingerless gloves from alloy.com (ONLY $14.50!)

kokostiletto said...

FINGERLESS gloves are DEFINETELY a yes!! i've always been a fan of them as well! i acn't wait to get a pair!

Shopaholic D said...

Wendy - fun post! I def like the fingerless better than the half-full.

Hey Marie, you know i love biker-chic! haha I'm probably more likely to get wool ones like yours, though.

Roxy - you are lucky you have an H&M nearby! nice score!

Koko - what kind do you want? Leather or wool? Or something else?

:) D

Anonymous said...

wow, the greatest blog ever..

G.G. said...

I'm gonna say "No" on fingerless gloves, unless of course you're attending a 1980s theme party as Madonna :P

Shopaholic D said...

Thanks Ilona

GG - that would have been a great Halloween costume!

:) D

Anonymous said...

I never thought fingerless gloves would look good, but this blog proves me wrong. They actually look really good with the right outfit!

Anonymous said...

how do u match black leather fingerless gloves with a clubbing look?

Jamie said...

Now that is style! I love Mena Suvari at the best of times but this really speaks to me!
tanzanite

Anonymous said...

WHERE CAN I BUY A PAIR OF FAUX LEATHER ONES??? I've been searching and searhing!!!

Anonymous said...

Fingerless gloves are hot...but also normal gloves, especially 6-8 buttons length, will be hot coming winter season! We, at www.cinnamonn.com, will launch our products shortly. Sign in for news on the launch!!