Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Dress for Any Occasion

So...I haven't been shopping. Not. At. All. Not really in stores and not really online, save an occasional browse or pass-through. I'm trying to save money for other things (like our new house) and can't really put money towards clothes - ESPECIALLY not when I already have so much I can barely contain it all!

However, I think some window shopping here or there would be healthy and help me see how people are styling clothes so I can style what I already have. I will be making purchases once in awhile, but not like I used to.

Lately, I've been craving dresses. I've decided I need a single red statement dress for holiday parties. I browsed online today in search of dresses and though I didn't find any red ones, I did find lots of other pretty ones.

A Dress for Any Occasion:

New Year's Eve Party

J Crew - Silk taffeta Karyn dress - $295
This metallic number will help you be the life of the party. So festive!

Classy Night Out

Banana Republic - Colorblock Dress Waist Dress - $130
The classic lines of this dress help you look sexy and appropriate.

Daytime Dress-Up

Modcloth - So Chic in Batik dress - $54.99
Pair this with tights and slouchy boots for a fab daytime look - shopping with the girls, getting groceries (what? some people dress up even for grocery shopping!), or running errands

Date Night

Anthropologie - Abstract Adornment Dress - $248
The deep winter hues of this fun pattern paired with the simple lines and fun jeweled necklace of this dress make you sophisticated-sexy.

What types of dresses are you shopping for (if any)?


NOTE: images from respective web sites

4 comments:

anonymous said...

hey comcheck my blog out
http://velvetinefashion.blogspot.com/
love your blog

nickyb said...

I'm loving the new colors for spring 2010. The yellows, oranges and pinks will be a great change from all the metal and black we had this winter. The jewel tones are nice but its Time for a change!! Although i only saw the back the little gray dress was cute. Follow me!

nickyb said...

I've been craving dresses two becausei dont have any!!! any suggestions?

Mystique Boutique said...

I do so love modcloth. I have to keep myself from that site, or else I'll go broke. lol