Monday, March 19, 2007

Summer 2007 Must-Have: Jersey Dress

Summer is going to be sizzlin' hot, as always, so to keep cool, you're going to have to have an equally cool summer look. Take your daytime look up another chic-notch by kicking your boring khaki shorts to the curb and opting for a breezy & beautiful jersey dress. Choose a dress in a solid color and add sass to your outfit by layering your look with fun tank tops and funky shoes. Here are three dresses, sure to please any fashionista's budget:

Surefire Steal

At $69.50, this dress ain't all that cheap, but unless you want your new look to fall apart in the next wash, this is a pretty good price for a dress. This simple cotton dress is available in your choice of gray or black, meaning you can make lots of outfit variations using bright tops and/or bright shoes.

Slight Stretch

J Crew V-neck jersey knit dress - $88 is nearly $100, which for most people is a lot of money. But just gel on this thought for a minute...you're investing in a dress that you're sure to get lots of stylin' wear with all spring and summer long. With a look this simple yet chic, you're sure to make your money back in compliments.

Serious Splurge

I'm not sure if I'd pay $220 this dress would cost, but if you're looking to splurge on your summer jersey dress, then let this be the one. This Beth Bowley Smocked Jersey Dress comes in Azalea, White, and Navy so you can choose to add your "brights" to the look with the main piece or your current collection of accessories.

If you've read my latest posts on dresses, then you probably already knew I was going to get this one:

Jersey Dress - J Crew
Tank - Banana Republic
Espadrilles - Banana Republic - almost sold out online, so call your local store to see if they can locate a pair for you

NOTE: Images and items from gap.com, jcrew.com, and nordstrom.com respectively

9 comments:

Othalia said...

I agree with the dresses, esp the jersey: so comfortable you may as well sleep in them!

Anonymous said...

Looks great!

ENID P. said...

I have been eyeing that JCrew dress ever since you feautured it. Im waiting for the sale..

ENID P.

M said...

Cute dress. It looks great on you.

Shopaholic D said...

exactly, trendini! comfy and chic...my fave combo...lol

Thanks CTPrep!

you should get one! hopefully, they go on sale for you soon...i couldn't wait, not to mention they were starting to sell out in my size, so I had to jump on the dress cuz i really wanted it!

Thanks M!

:) D

k e r r y said...

love the hot pink one - and yours too! I just got the 3/4 sleeve j.crew Egyptian cotton boatneck dress and the V-neck jersey knit dress. I can't wait to wear these!

Anonymous said...

looks fantastic!!! i love your webpage and read it every day. hopefully i'll figure out how to not be anonymous soon!:)

abovo99 said...

it's so comfy and pretty at the same time. I just bought similar dress in blue. The weather is still a bit cold where I live. So I'm not able to wear it now. Can't wait. This is a great post. Good job!

Shopaholic D said...

Ooh...yay for you, Kerry! I wanted to try that, but I don't really do sleeves very often

Awwww...Anonymous, you made my day! Thanks for visiting!

Same here, TheBodyTalk! I can't wait to wear mine, but we haven't had a warm enough weekend day to do that yet! grrr...lol

:) D