Thursday, February 14, 2008

Work Chic: Nice & Neutral

I know trends are meant to come in and out of popularity, but can this belt-around-the-waist thing just become a classic look already? I don't want it to go out of style! Accessorizing with belts is one of my favorite things to do, especially when the belt is as crisp and clean as this patent leather one I got from Nordstroms awhile back. This is what I wore to work yesterday:


Sweater: Nordstrom
Camisole: The Limited
Black Dress Skirt: Banana Republic
Tights: Belks
Knee-High Boots: Ann Taylor Loft
Earrings: D Celestine Limited - Skyline Drops

10 comments:

WendyB said...

Oh, I think that look IS a classic. Designers have come back again and again to a defined waist over the decades.

Lys said...

Chic and classic. Belts better not go out of style or be moved off the classic list. That would make this gal very sad...

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm a reader of your blog, and I just want to say that I love this outfit of yours. Really classy yet looks comfortable. I love your blog, by the way. Congratulations!!

Fash said...

super-cute, it's so hard to look stylish and professional at work. great choice

Flair said...

I love the belted look too! It's a great way to create a small waist...

CaseyCakes said...

love the belt! i have the same and use it in black skirt and white top too.. =)

Vanessa said...

totally agree...such a complimentary look, especially with all this bulky stuff going on in fashion. i recently got this belt:

http://www.shopgoldyn.com/product.details.aspx?pid=455

CaseyCakes said...

love the belt!! i have something like that and i use to pair it with a black skirt and white top too.. :)

Tabitha said...

Way cute boots....now that winter is coming to an end I'm searching for a classic black boot that can resurface next winter...I should check Anne Taylor.

Anonymous said...

that look is really cute yet professional... my favorite go-to in terms of a more classic yet chic look is a really beautiful pair of pearl earrings I bought from premium pearl- their pieces go with everything!