Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Megan's Wedding

I had the pleasure of not only being a bridesmaid in the wedding of my good friend, Megan Dowdy (now Mueller), but of also getting to design the wedding jewelry. I made the earrings for the bridesmaids and the earrings for the bride herself! Click on any 3 of the pictures below to learn more about Megan's wedding on my web site and access larger photos...

Megan and her Bridesmaids

Megan sent me a photo of the bridesmaid dress she picked out. I could tell from the photo that I wanted to incorporate white and turquoise/aqua colors into the earring design. Megan told me that the wedding would be at the beach, so I wanted to keep the overall design simple to stay in line with the semi-casual theme of the wedding. I decided to make stiletto or simple drop earrings with Swarovski crystal teardrop pearls in white and SC bicones in aquamarine. The bridesmaids got their earrings at the bridal luncheon, and they were a big hit!

Closer Photo of the Bridesmaids

Megan asked me to design her bridal earrings to match her grandmother's lavaliere, which she was given to wear on her wedding day. I noticed that the lavaliere had pearls and either crystals or diamonds, so I decided to do earrings with the same basic design as the one for the bridesmaid earrings, but with a little something extra. I added a "rondelle" to the design, in between the SC teardrop pearl and the bicone to add some extra bling. A "rondelle" is a disk/circular shaped bead with small crystals going around the edge of the bead - I like to use them to dress up my bridal designs!

The Beautiful Bride

Check out my the newest section of my web site for all my wedding designs. Okay, okay....right now, I only have Megan's wedding page up, but I'll be adding a couple more soon! Click here to go to the wedding page on DCL.

:-) Diana

No comments: