Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Channeling Carrie Bradshaw: J Crew Ruffled Skirt

I've been stalking items on ebay lately in hopes of finding some good deals. My fave so far - the J Crew tiered ruffle skirt in barely gray. So...so chic! I took a risk getting a size too small, but found a nice review over at Goldenmeans saying the skirt ran big. At one size smaller than what I normally take, I took her advice and she was sooo right! The skirt fits perfectly!


Since there was already a lot going on with the skirt, I decided to pair the skirt with a simple cardigan.


My new gold, J Crew skinny belt helped cinch in the waist to add definition


Pearls keep it classy and the tank underneath helps with layering and adds a wee touch of lace


Love the ruffles!


This is my new fave skirt. I felt a little risque wearing this number to the office and though I think the look may not be the easiest to pull off, it is certainly fun to try!

My co-worker gave me the sweetest compliment when she said my outfit looked like something Carrie Bradshaw would wear and that it was very Sex and the City. Suh-weet!

Skirt: J Crew
Shoes: J Crew
Tank top: Abercrombie + Fitch
Cardigan: Gap
Belt: J Crew

NOTE: I got my skirt from ebay seller WestieGirl4me - she has 2 more ruffle skirts left if you want one, too! WestieGirl4me was an awesome ebay seller for me - she had great communication and was very helpful. Many of her items ship for free, too, which is a nice bonus.

13 comments:

WendyB said...

Very cute. I love it when product reviews actually come in handy.

fidele said...

oooooh. It looks perfect on you!

Shopaholic D said...

Seriously, Wendy! And I only found 2 reviews on this skirt so thank goodness somebody thought to say something. I guess my blog makes 3. ;)

Thanks Fidele!

:) D

Meli said...

Very classy outfit- love it. That belt, the cardigan- it's all perfection!

Meli said...

also- you look super long and lean in this ensemble ;D

Tabitha said...

Awe I love that skirt. So cute!

YY said...

I am loving the outfit and that skirt is totally Carrie Bradshaw. i love how she has become such an icon. haha its funny cuz i just blogged about her in my entry tonight too. haha

work it! looks great.

DENNI said...

LOVE THE LOOK. GREAT SKIRT.






XX
CHICMUSE

SYD said...

My roommate just got that belt this past weekend. Nice.

Anonymous said...

Hi, sorry for the slow response time to your comment, but you look *lovely* in this skirt! I'm so glad I helped you obtain it in some way ;) And your blog is so cute in general -- I'm adding it to my reader right now!

Take care,

Anjali

o said...

i love this skirt! such a fun one, too:D thank goodness for product reviews!:D

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love it!

- Katya-

Melanie said...

wow you look fantastic in that shirt